If you’re new to tweakments – where on earth do you start?
Here at TTG we’re the first to admit that the whole field of cosmetic medical procedures is massively confusing, and it’s hard to know how to even think about it all. You know that I’ll always suggest that you need to start by finding your way to a great practitioner, who will sit down and listen to your concerns, and come up with some helpful suggestions. But what sort of treatments might they suggest, and why? That’s what this article is about, and here’s a way to start thinking about which procedures you might want to try.
How many of the following statements apply to you?
- You want to try one of these tweakment things, but you don’t know where to start.
- You want something that will give you a visible result, but you don’t want it to be too obvious.
- You don’t want anything that’s painful.
- You’re not up for anything that’s going to give you downtime.
A ‘yes’ to any or all of these is absolutely fine. There are still things you can try – it’s not all about pain-for-gain. Here’s a few ‘starter’ tweakments that your practitioner may suggest. Why are they starter tweakments? Because they make small changes. You’ll notice the results, but they’re nothing that would startle you (or other people). And because they don’t involve any significant downtime, and they’re not painful.
TTG starter tweakment suggestions
- Baby toxin: just a sprinkle, to give an idea of how it can relax your facial muscles.
- A small amount of carefully placed filler for a subtle enhancement.
- Injectable moisturisers: great for glow and hydration.
- A short course of advanced facials.
- A course of in-clinic LED light treatment with a medically-certified device to freshen, smooth and strengthen your skin.
- A lightweight laser or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment to brightening your skin tone by clearing excess pigmentation.
If you want more direction with starter tweakments, have a read of this guide for more in-depth advice.
Join Our Mailing List
This is the best way to stay in the loop with our latest news and updates, including industry titbits and tailored offers.
The Tweakments Guide Live returns!
The best bits of our fab comeback Tweakments Guide Live event
This tweakment is the best value for money
We always want to be transparent when it comes to tweakments. So we asked you which you think is the best...
Three latest tweakment myths – and why they’re not true
The latest tweakment myths debunked, in case you are in any doubt as to whether there's even a grain of truth...
Which ultrasound treatment should you choose?
Why is ultrasound so popular for skin tightening, and which one should you go for?