Gigi Shakar, based at Skinfluencer, is a medical aesthetician with 30 years of experience in skin health and rejuvenation. Gigi is recognised as an industry authority on devising the most effective treatments for stubborn skin conditions such as melasma and rosacea, and renowned for a hands-on approach to guiding clients through their bespoke treatment programmes. She is known for combining and layering treatment techniques which utilise cutting-edge technologies and advanced aesthetics methods to achieve transformative results in minimal time and with little downtime.
Working out of Chelsea-based luxury medical aesthetics clinic, Skinfluencer, Gigi Shakar draws from multiple cutting-edge technologies and advanced aesthetics techniques to offer bespoke treatment protocols with unrivalled results. After developing stubborn melasma in her twenties, Gigi decided to relocate to Manhattan, New York, to study skin care and understand how to effectively treat skin conditions. After graduating as a Cidesco Diplomat, which is globally recognised as the highest level of training an aesthetician can achieve, she worked on Park Avenue, alongside the country’s top ranking plastic surgeons and skincare specialists in facial rejuvenation. With a relentless focus on skin health, Gigi is renowned for her visible and outstanding results in minimal time. Her direct and informative approach towards skin health, and her ability to achieve a significant change in the skin in a short amount of time has made her an authority on skin conditions in her field.
At Skinfluencer, Gigi is able to draw from the world’s leading technologies, and as such, there is not a skin condition she cannot address. Some areas of speciality include:
- The safe and effective management of chronic inflammatory skin conditions such as melasma and rosacea.
- Acne treatments: manage active acne as well as residual pigmentation and scarring.
- Acne rosacea. –Anti ageing through the use of non-invasive laser skin tightening and rejuvenation.
- Pigmentation from sun damage utilising laser technology such as pico second and NdYag energies to destroy unwanted pigment and generate cellular turnover.
- Non-surgical eye and brow lifts.
- The safe and effective removal of tattoos; in particular, makeup tattoos.
- Body slimming and cellulite reduction through cryolipolis and fat melting. Gigi has trained with the global trainer for CoolSculpting, making her an industry leader in the effective execution of cryolipolysis treatments.
- Medical grade facials which include chemical and mechanical peels.
- Radiofrequency micro needling for scar revision, skin tightening, and overall skin rejuvenation.