Wrinkle Relaxing Injections
Wrinkle-relaxing injections soften the appearance of frown lines and other ‘dynamic’ wrinkles which form where we use facial muscles to form expressions. Botox is the best-known brand of wrinkle-relaxant; the others above are mentioned just so that you know what they are. All these products are forms of botulinum toxin A.
The product is injected into the muscles responsible for making these expressions, to weaken them for three-six months, which in turn will, for example, soften your frown lines, or lift downturned corners of the mouth.
Pain level: Low
Cost from: £200
Recovery time: 1 Day
Where are wrinkle relaxing injections used:
- The ‘eleven’ lines between the eyebrows.
- Crow’s feet wrinkles at the sides of the eyes.
- In the forehead, to soften horizontal lines
- In the ‘bunny lines’, the horizontal wrinkle-lines at the top of the nose.
- In the jaw, to reduce muscle clenching
- In the chin, to relax a ‘cobblestone’ chin
- Beneath the corners of the mouth, to reduce a habitual grumpy downturned-mouth expression.
- In the upper lip, to reduce the lip retraction which makes a smile look ‘gummy’
- In the neck, to soften a stringy-looking neck
How do winkle relaxing injections work:
The toxin interferes with the transmission of nerve impulses that tell muscles to contract. It does this by blocking the acetylcholine receptors in the muscle.
How long do wrinkle relaxing injections take:
Injections take 10 minutes. The toxin takes 10-14 days to reach full effect
Numbing cream is available for anyone nervous about the treatment
Softening of expression lines, for a relaxed-looking face
Two months – 6 months, depending on how much is used and the muscle activity in the area.
After treatment/down time:
Don’t rub the treated area for a couple of days. You will look fine the next day, though any bruises will take a week or two to go
Things to bear in mind:
With any injectable treatment, it is possible that you may have swelling, redness or bruising at the treatment site.
Over-treatment can lead to a ‘frozen’ looking face, or to drooping of eyebrows (ptosis).
Wrinkle Relaxing Injections can help you with these concerns: