What skin concerns does BYONIK® PTL treat?
BYONIK® is indicated for a wide range of concerns:
- Skin with a compromised and impaired barrier, manifesting in conditions like dryness, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema and rosacea
- Signs of ageing like lines, wrinkles, mild skin laxity, loss of volume and dehydrated skin
- Pigmentation including melasma
- All acne grades including active and cystic
- Skin tone improvements like textural issues and large pores
How does BYONIK® PTL work?
The BYONIK® method is unique and unrivalled. In simple terms, the laser delivers coherent photons into the skin which are directly absorbed by the skin and directly into the mitochondria of the cells. This has an energising action which triggers a strong clinical response to support the skin’s immunity, performance and overall activity. These hugely beneficial processes for the skin, kick-start the cells activity, increase growth factor levels, collagen and elastin production, reduce the amount of collagen-destroying enzyme collagenase, reduce inflammation and enhance micro-circulation.
The BYONIK® PTL cleverly adjusts its frequency to your pulse throughout the entire treatment. This intelligent smart technology allows the device to release its energy evenly into the skin and target the skin cells directly at the optimal moment for maximum cellular response. This process allows the antioxidants embedded within the hyaluronic acid gel (which is applied to skin prior to the laser) to be directly transferred into the skin cells for deep enrichment and targeted DNA support.
Is BYONIK® PTL a laser?
Yes, however unlike other heat-based lasers, the BYONIK® PTL is a cold low-level laser of high intensity. Commonly known as LLLT. This revolutionary Laser is non-invasive and synchronises dual laser wavelengths to create a non-invasive, non-ablative skin treatment. The BYONIK® PTL actively works to rewind the clock by effectively rejuvenating and regenerating the skin. There is no risk of scarring, pigmentary changes or infection. It is safe and effective for every skin type, there is NO downtime and is PAIN FREE, with no risk of trauma or photosensitivity. A suitable laser option all year round and throughout pregnancy.
Can I have BYONIK® PTL if I have an inflammatory skin condition?
Yes. BYONIK® excels on all skins suffering from inflamed, compromised and impaired barrier, even for conditions like severe dryness, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema or rosacea.
Can I have BYONIK® PTL if I have acne?
Absolutely. It’s one of only a handful of treatments that can be done on skin with active acne, even if it’s cystic. In fact, the device does have a significant clearing effect on acne and can be used safely alongside topical or oral prescription acne medicine like isotretinoin to reduce side effects like photosensitivity, redness and irritation.
Does BYONIK® PTL work with other treatments?
You can have a BYONIK® treatment to support the skin’s recovery after more invasive procedures like ablative lasers, CO2 deep peels, skin needling, threads and even surgical cosmetic procedures, but always check with your practitioner first.
What happens during a BYONIK® PTL treatment?
- Skin is misted with BYONIK® CONCUR Face Mist
- Eye make-up is removed and the face, neck and decolletage is cleansed with BYONIK® PURITY Cleansing Gel
- Skin is analysed
- BYONIK® PURITY Enzyme Peel is applied to the skin to dissolve dead skin cells and enhance penetration of the proprietary BYONIK® hyaluronic acid gel to follow
- Skin is cleansed again to gently prepare the surface and prep for LLLT
- Your therapist will attach a pulse oximeter clip onto your finger and place protective goggles over your eyes
- The first part of the laser procedure is the detox and activation phase. This activates cell metabolism and skin functions, aiding detoxification and removal of lymphatic waste. Two laser hand pieces are passed simultaneously over the skin on either side of the face
- BYONIK® HA Gel is warmed and applied to the skin, covering the eyes and lips too
- The second laser phase is the anti-inflammatory part – this is when the skin absorbed the pre-applied gel
- The HA gel is reapplied
- The third laser phase is when the HA gets to work – visibly reducing lines and wrinkles, enriching and volumizing the skin and reducing any irritations
- BYONIK® PURITY Tonic is applied for a boosting effect and to stabilise the skin’s pH
- BYONIK® HIGH ENERGY Pure Collagen Eye Pads are applied under the eyes and left on for about 12 minutes
- BYONIK® SUPREME Mask is applied and massaged into the skin
- Skin is cleansed with BYONIK® Purity Cleansing Milk
- BYONIK® PURITY Tonic is applied
- BYONIK® HIGH ENERGY Anti-Ageing Complex is applied and massaged in
- Post-treatment skincare is applied, tailored to your skin’s needs
- Skin is misted again to finish the treatment.
Is BYONIK® PTL clinically proven?
LLLT has been clinically proven in several scientific studies which looked at various indications. These can be downloaded above.
How often should you get a BYONIK® PTL treatment?
An intensive course of 6 to 8 treatments is recommended. BYONIK® is safe to have daily however, weekly treatments are advised with monthly maintenance thereafter.
What is BYONIK® PTL used to treat?