Why might you be interested in FemTouch on AcuPulse?
You might benefit from FemTouch if you are suffering from vaginal health issues such as these:
- Vaginal atrophy. As you age, your vaginal walls may become thinner and dryer; they may also become inflamed.
- Vaginal laxity. Childbirth, age, or both can cause your vagina to lose tightness.
- Vaginal dryness. Dryness of the vaginal lining can trigger itching, discomfort, or pain.
- Urinary incontinence. Stress incontinence can cause urine to leak when you exercise or even when you cough or sneeze.
- Recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs). Many women experience recurrent UTIs, suffering three or more UTIs within a twelve-month period.
FemTouch treatment can improve all these issues by stimulating collagen production and strengthening the vaginal walls.
Why is FemTouch on AcuPulse exciting?
FemTouch extends Lumenis’ proven CO2 laser technology to vaginal treatments, providing a non-invasive alternative to surgical procedures. A FemTouch treatment, requiring no anaesthesia and performed in mere minutes in the comfort of the practitioner’s office, can free you from problems previously considered the inevitable consequences of aging or childbirth.
How does a FemTouch on AcuPulse treatment work?
The practitioner connects the FemTouch module to the AcuPulse device, and then inserts the FemTouch module in your vagina. The FemTouch device gradually withdraws, rotating 360 degrees so as to apply fractional laser beams all the way along the vaginal wall. The lasering stimulates collagen production to encourage the growth of new tissue.
You would typically have a series of two to four FemTouch treatments, with about four weeks between treatments.
How long do the results last?
The results of FemTouch treatment are permanent. That said, your anatomy may change over time. If this happens, you may need to have an extra FemTouch treatment every year or two to maintain your results.
Is a FemTouch on AcuPulse treatment painful?
No. Most patients experience little or no discomfort during the treatment. You will experience some sensations from the presence of the device, and you may experience feelings of warmth from the laser.
Where can FemTouch on AcuPulse be used?
FemTouch on AcuPulse is used for intra-vaginal treatments.
Who is suitable for a FemTouch on AcuPulse procedure?
Women experiencing perimenopause and menopause are suitable for FemTouch treatments, as are women experiencing vaginal issues following childbirth.
How long does the procedure take?
The FemTouch procedure usually takes less than 10 minutes total, making it easy to fit into your schedule.
How quickly can you feel the results of FemTouch treatment?
How quickly you can feel the results depends on your individual healing response and the laser energy settings used by the practitioner. That said, a typical experience might look like this:
- Immediately after the treatment, you may feel a slight tightening as your tissues respond to the laser.
- In the first one to three weeks after the treatment, you will notice an improvement in the symptoms for which you had the treatment.
- Over several months after the treatment, your body gradually produces more collagen in response to the treatment. As a result of this, you should see further improvements.
You would typically have several FemTouch treatments with intervals of four weeks between them, with each treatment bringing further improvements.
How much does a FemTouch on AcuPulse treatment cost?
An internal rejuvenation with FemTouch typically costs from £500 to £1000, but prices vary depending on the details of the treatment and the geographical location. Some practitioners offer external rejuvenation as well as internal rejuvenation, either separately or for a combined fee.
Will I have scars from a FemTouch on AcuPulse treatment?
No. FemTouch on AcuPulse is a non-invasive laser treatment.
Are there side-effects from FemTouch on AcuPulse treatment?
As with any medical procedure, FemTouch treatment may produce side-effects; however, they are usually mild and of short duration.
Possible side-effects include:
- A slight burning or itching sensation. This may last for a day or two after the treatment.
- Watery vaginal discharge or light spotting. This may last for several days after the treatment.
- Redness or swelling. After the treatment, the treated area may appear red or swollen. This response should subside within a few days.
If you experience other side-effects or complications, consult your practitioner.
What is the aftercare advice following a FemTouch on AcuPulse?
First, follow any specific aftercare advice your practitioner gives you following your treatment.
Second, you should generally avoid sexual activity for 3–7 days after treatment to allow your tissues to heal.
Are any specific treatments recommended post treatment?
No. No special care is needed after a FemTouch treatment.
Are there any studies on the effects of FemTouch on AcuPulse?
See the article “Long-Term Safety and Efficacy of Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment in Post-Menopausal Women with Vaginal Atrophy” by Scott Evan Eder, MD of the Center for Women’s Health & Wellness, Lawrenceville, New Jersey, USA (linked below) for information about the safety and efficacy of fractional CO2 laser treatment:
Long-Term Safety and Efficacy of Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment in Post-Menopausal Women with Vaginal Atrophy
See the white paper “FemTouch™ For the Treatment of Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections in Post-Menopausal Women” by Bob Yang, Steve Foley, and Claire Foley (linked below) for information on the use of FemTouch to treat recurrent UTIs:
FemTouch For the Treatment of Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections in Post-Menopausal Women
Who are vaginal rejuvenation treatments not suitable for?
Vaginal rejuvenation treatments are not suitable for conditions including the following:
- Pregnancy and recent childbirth. Do not have these treatments while pregnant. Wait until at least three months post-partum or until you have finished breastfeeding.
- Vaginal infections or UTIs. Resolve the infection before having rejuvenation treatment.
- Genital warts or herpes outbreaks. Resolve these conditions before having rejuvenation treatment.
- Autoimmune diseases. If you have a condition that affects your body’s healing process, rejuvenation treatment may not be advisable.
- Recent gynaecological surgery. Consult your practitioner to determine how long you should wait before getting rejuvenation treatment.
- Vaginal or cervical cancer. Consult your gynaecologist and oncologist for advice before having a rejuvenation treatment.
- Vaginal mesh. Having a vaginal mesh implant may contraindicate having a rejuvenation treatment.