Why might you be interested in EMERALD Laser?
If you are carrying extra fat on your body, EMERALD Laser treatment can help you to lose it without surgery. EMERALD Laser can remove subcutaneous fat not just from typical problem areas — such as your waist, hips, and thighs — but from anywhere on your body.
Why is EMERALD Laser exciting?
EMERALD Laser can help you reach your goals of reducing body fat and getting into shape without surgery, painful treatments, or major investment of time and effort. What sets the EMERALD Laser apart is its non-thermal ‘true’ laser technology, which harmonizes with the body, earning it the distinction of being a wellness device. Remarkably, it can effectively treat individuals with a BMI of up to 40 for fat loss and cellulite reduction.
How does a EMERALD Laser treatment work?
One of the primary applications of the EMERALD Green Diode System is to reduce the circumference of treatment areas and alleviate the appearance of cellulite. This treatment is a natural, healthy alternative with no apoptosis (cell death). Importantly, it preserves the endocrine function of fat cells, aligning with the concept that beauty goes beyond surface appearance. This approach promotes holistic well-being by providing a cellular anti-aging effect that offers various health and wellness benefits. Patients often report increased energy levels due to the approximately 400% increase in ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the body’s energy currency, resulting from EMERALD Laser treatments.
How long do the results last?
The results of the EMERALD Laser treatment are permanent. However, you will want to use diet and exercise to optimise your gains.
Is EMERALD Laser treatment painful?
No. EMERALD Laser treatment is completely painless. You may feel nothing at all as the laser works, or you may feel a slight tingling.
Where can EMERALD laser treatment be used?
EMERALD Laser can be used anywhere on the body where you have pockets of fat you want to reduce or remove.
Who is suitable for an EMERALD Laser treatment?
These two groups of patients are suitable for an EMERALD Laser treatment:
- Patients with small pockets of fat they want to lose. For example, you might have a small pocket of fat under your chin that you are unable to remove by diet and exercise.
- Patients with BMI values in the range 30 to 40. Technically, BMI 30 to 34.9 is termed moderately obese, BMI 35 to 39.9 is termed severely obese, and BMI 40 and above is termed morbidly obese.
How long does EMERALD Laser treatment take?
The treatment will take 30 minutes anywhere on the body.
How quickly can you see results?
You can typically see results after about two weeks. The effects of the treatment continue for about four weeks.
A typical course of EMERALD Laser is one to two treatments per week for 4 to 8 weeks.
How much does EMERALD Laser treatment cost?
The cost varies depending on which body area or areas you’re having treated and whether you choose to buy a course of treatment or pay as you go per session. Here are example costs:
- A course of 10 full-body treatments costs from £3,000.
- Individual treatments for the chin area cost from £90.
- Individual treatments for body areas cost from £175.
Will I have scars from EMERALD Laser treatments?
No. EMERALD Laser is a non-invasive procedure.
Are there side-effects from EMERALD Laser treatment?
No. EMERALD Laser treatment has no reported side effects.
What is the aftercare advice following an EMERALD Laser treatment?
First, follow any specific advice your practitioner gives you for getting the greatest benefit from the treatment.
Second, here is general aftercare advice following an EMERALD Laser treatment:
- Drink water. Drink at least 3 litres of water a day for the first three days after the treatment to help your body get rid of the fat freed by the treatment.
- Remain active. Activity helps ensure your body expels the emulsified fat. Exercise every day, or at least walk for 30 minutes each day.
- Avoid alcohol. Ideal, you should avoid alcohol both during the treatment and for four weeks after treatment.
- Avoid carbonated drinks. Carbonated drinks can cause water retention, which may interfere with your body’s ability to process the freed fat.
- Reduce your caffeine intake. Caffeine can hamper your kidneys’ ability to process the emulsified fat.
Are any specific treatments recommended post treatment?
Lymphatic massage may help your body get rid of the emulsified fat. Alternatively, you could wear a lymphatic drainage suit or use a vibration plate to stimulate your system.
Are there any studies on the effects of EMERALD Laser treatment?
Three separate double-blind clinical trials proved the effectiveness of EMERALD Laser and gained FDA market clearance for the device.
Who created EMERALD Laser?
EMERALD Laser was created by Erchonia, a pioneer in low-level laser therapy (LLLT). The EMERALD Laser employs ten green laser diodes, which emit 20% more energy than red laser diodes. This additional energy allows EMERALD to emulsify fat without resorting to problematic heat or cooling methods.
Who are laser lipolysis treatments not suitable for?
Generally, laser lipolysis treatments are not suitable for patients with the following:
- Morbid obesity. Laser lipolysis is usually not recommended for patients with very high BMI values. EMERALD Laser is approved for treating patients with up to BMI 40.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding. Postpone cosmetic treatments until you are no longer pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Cancer, uncontrolled diabetes, or diseases that interfere with wound healing. These conditions may contraindicate laser lipolysis treatment.
- If you are taking medications that makes you photosensitive, laser treatment may not be advisable.
Consult a practitioner for more specific advice about contraindications.